Saturday, June 8, 2013

DIY Baby Shower Airplane Diaper Cake Gift


It's a gorgeous day here in north Texas! I had a few requests for the baby shower diaper airplane cake gift I made last night from watching a YouTube video by Thom's Crafts and Treats. So here's all the lovely details on how to make one yourself for either a baby boy or girl (and I promise you can if I was able to do it)!

It took a total of 4.5 hours to make after I bought everything from Michaels and Target, so put aside 5 hours at least. First, you want to go to Target and find the baby accessories you'll use for making the plane so you'll be able to match the paper craft tape and ribbon's colors. This will be around $68 depending on the item brands you purchase. From Target look for:

36 Pampers Size 2 Diapers
2 Playtex Drop-In Liner Nursers
1 Flower Headwrap
4 Receiving Blankets
1 Fleece Blanket
1 Small Stuffed Animal 
2 Soft-Tip Infant Spoons
1 Rubberband Bag (large rubberbands)

Then you'll want to head to Michaels and find the materials that are going to help you build the actual airplane pieces. This purchase will be around $20. From Michaels look for:

8.5''x11'' Cardstock Paper
4 Craft Tape Rolls
1 Pipecleaner Bag
20''x30'' Foamboard 
1 Wide Ribbon Roll
2 Regular Ribbon Rolls

The final miscellaneous things you'll need on hand are:
Scissors
Tape Measure
Box Cutter Knife
Regular Tape
Masking Tape
Cardboard Paper Towel Roll 
Airplane Formation Building Layout (click here
Phone or Computer To Watch The Video


Once you have everything, lay them out on a table so you know what you're working with. First thing to tackle is drawing out the airplane formation. This is the hardest part, just follow the directions on the downloadable layout and you'll be fine.

Here's a few picks I took along the building process while watching the video. I did a few things that the video doesn't tell you to do, but as you build along you'll see what works best for you. I wanted everything super secure since it'll be going on a four hour roadtrip.






And that's everything you need to know to get started! The tutorial video I used is in the link at the beginning of the post. If you make one I'd love to see how it turned out. You can post a picture on the ArtSea Chic Facebook page.


Unless otherwise stated, all content and photographs are ©ArtSea Chic. Please do not copy or distribute photographs without first asking for permission. Paid endorsement disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of compensation for my endorsement, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog, which are mentioned in the ArtSea Chic Media Kit. Please know that I only recommend and endorse products and services that I personally approve, appreciate, and feel would be helpful for readers. All ideas and opinions expressed are completely my own. Thank you for supporting ArtSea Chic!  

2 comments:

  1. I made a good diaper cake from Jessica Alba Diapers and take lots of pictures. It is not as tough as I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never bought anything from Jessica Alba's Honest Company, but I've heard good things about it. Would love to see what it turned out like Sarah! Feel feel to post any pics on the ArtSea Chic Facebook page and I'll share it if you'd like :) www.facebook.com/artseachic

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover