Yesterday I shared on Facebook a link to Alisa Burke's easy to make yourself coastal painted pumpkins. Alisa is a freelance artist with a studio based in Seaside, Oregon where she teaches classes and hosts crafty artistic retreats such as her, You Me & the Sea Art Retreat next spring in April (see details at the end of the post).
I loved her idea so much I thought I'd share with everyone else :) See the steps below on how to make your own pumpkin.
1. Gather different sized pumpkins
2. Paint pumpkins with white acrylic paint and let them dry
3. Then paint the pumpkins with a very light pastel color and let them dry
4. With Tulip's dimensional paints create designs on the pumpkins
5. Paint small details with large designs
6. With a toothpick scratch the paint around the designs to add contrast
7. Add more painted details with a darker color until the surface of the pumpkin is full
8. Once all the pumpkins are dry display outside on your porch or inside around the house!
Alisa's You Me & the Sea Art Retreat is April 26-April 28 2013. Her three day retreat is hosted at her Seaside, Oregon studio. Throughout the weekend Alisa will be teaching coastal inspired crafts and art techniques. The retreat is $350 if you register before March 26, 2013 and includes all the supplies you will need, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks all three days (lodging and transportation are not included). To visit Alisa's retreat registration website, click HERE.